corporate partnerships Purpose-Driven Volunteering
Team Building for a good cause. Your passionate teams of volunteers will spend the day making new connections, learning new skills, and helping make affordable homeownership a reality for families in our communities.
- The classic Habitat experience
- Maximum team members: 15-20
- Days available: Fridays and Saturdays, 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Location: Coming soon in 2022, Diamond Heights, San Francisco
- Tasks: Depending on the phase of construction, activities can range from framing to finishing and all things in between
- Big impact in one day. Outdoors at a resident’s home
- Maximum team members: 4-6
- Days available: Wednesdays through Saturdays, 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Locations: Various locations in East Palo Alto and San Francisco
- Tasks: Siding repair, exterior painting, fencing, deck repair, landscaping, site clean-up
- Build wooden playhouse for local kids
- Maximum team members: 10 per playhouse
- Days available: Tuesday through Saturdays, 3-4 hours
- Location: Your preferred outdoor location or HGSF’s warehouse in the Bayview, SF (pending Covid restrictions)
- Tasks: Build and decorate durable and fully functional children’s playhouses donated to Habitat GSF families, childcare centers, and faith congregations
- Improve community gardens that provide food and respite to local residents
- Maximum team members: 10
- Days available: Tuesdays through Fridays, 3 hours
- Locations: San Francisco and Marin
- Tasks: Weeding, planting, harvesting, and general landscaping and gardening support
Custom opportunities and site buyout are available upon request. Contact our Corporate Partnership team for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Great team building experience that also helps the community”
brian, Habitat GSF Corporate volunteer
“Great feeling of comraderie and accomplishment! Also, great to learn new skills. I will definitely be back!”
edna, Habitat GSF volunteer
Corporate Partnerships FAQs
What group volunteer opportunities are available?
New construction, Home Preservation, Playhouse Build or Community Gardens.
How do I set up a team activity?
Start by completing the group interest form.
Is training provided?
Yes! We welcome those of all skill levels and provide all the training you’ll need! No prior construction experience is required. Though we do our best to accommodate all skill sets and abilities, please note construction is a physically demanding activity.
What should my team expect, wear, and bring?
Plan on getting a good night’s sleep and eating a full breakfast before your volunteer day. Dress for the weather in clothing you don’t mind getting dirty/runied, and sturdy, closed-toed shoes.
Why do you ask for a donation?
Teams contribute a tax-deductible donation (based on the size of your group) to cover the equivalent cost of equipment, materials and training. More importantly, this support allows us to provide affordable housing opportunities for families and communities. Your team’s contribution is crucial in helping those in need. Sponsorships vary based on the group size for construction and playhouse build days. Please complete the group interest form and a relationship manager will contact you.
How much do I donate to host a build day?
Minimum donations vary based on your group size. For Construction Team Build days, donations start at:
1-10 Volunteers – $3,000
11-20 Volunteers – $6,000
21-30 Volunteers – $9,000
For Playhouse Team Build days, we ask for a donation of $3,000 per playhouse. Each playhouse can accommodate about 10-12 volunteers.
What are the benfits of partnering with Habitat Greater San Francisco (HGSF)?
HGSF corporate partners have priority access to unparalleled teambuilding events, meaningful engagements with families building self-reliance, brand association with one of the most recognized and trusted nonprofit brands in the world, and visibility across multiple Habitat marketing platforms. Benefits are available based on your sponsorship commitment. We will work with you to customize your experience to meet your specific CSR, marketing and business goals. Every business is different – so each of our partnerships is too.