Wills and Trusts
Known as a bequest, one of the easiest ways to further Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco’s vital work is to remember us in your will or trust. A gift in your will is:
- Flexible. Because you aren’t actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatile. You can structure your gift in many ways, including leaving a certain percentage of your estate to us.
- Convenient. You have access to your assets throughout your lifetime.
This form of giving is a powerful way to support affordable homeownership for families in our region for years to come. To make a gift through your will, use our online will-writing tool to update your legal will in less than 20 minutes— it’s fast, easy and free! Get started today.
Giving a bequest through your trust is accomplished by working with your attorney to include a few simple sentences in your will or living trust.
Life Insurance Policies
You can easily support our mission by naming us as the beneficiary for any percentage of a life insurance policy you already own. To name Habitat Greater San Francisco as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement account for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage of the plan’s value you would like Habitat Greater San Francisco to receive and name us, along with the stated percentage, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the form to your plan administrator.
You will be putting a no-longer-needed policy to good use and you will have flexibility as the gift is revocable at any time should your situation change. To qualify as a deductible gift, Habitat Greater San Francisco must become the policy owner, so make sure to properly forward the form onto your insurance company.