Plan for your generosity to continue beyond your lifetime
Your planned gift to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco provides impact that will be felt for generations to come, it can also provide financial flexibility and tax benefits for you and your loved ones.
We accept a wide variety of gifts including cash, real estate, life insurance, retirement plan designations, and securities. Here are some examples of planned gifts that would make a significant impact on the lives of hardworking families.
Wills and Trusts
Known as a bequest, one of the easiest ways to further Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco’s vital work is to remember us in your will or trust. A gift in your will is:
- Flexible. Because you aren’t actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatile. You can structure your gift in many ways, including leaving a certain percentage of your estate to us.
- Convenient. You have access to your assets throughout your lifetime.
This form of giving is a powerful way to support affordable homeownership for families in our region for years to come. To make a gift through your will, use our online will-writing tool to update your legal will in less than 20 minutes— it’s fast, easy and free! Get started today.
Giving a bequest through your trust is accomplished by working with your attorney to include a few simple sentences in your will or living trust.
Retirement Plans and IRAs
To give to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco directly from your IRA, tax-free, get started with our online tool today and generate the necessary paperwork in under 10 minutes. This tool is completely free, requires no personal sensitive information, and includes simple instructions for mailing your form. Give from your IRA today.
Life Insurance Policies
You can easily support our mission by naming us as the beneficiary for any percentage of a life insurance policy you already own. To name Habitat Greater San Francisco as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement account for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage of the plan’s value you would like Habitat Greater San Francisco to receive and name us, along with the stated percentage, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the form to your plan administrator.
You will be putting a no-longer-needed policy to good use and you will have flexibility as the gift is revocable at any time should your situation change. To qualify as a deductible gift, Habitat Greater San Francisco must become the policy owner, so make sure to properly forward the form onto your insurance company.